Sign In to join the community | Help
Tools & Hardware

Answered

Alternate wiring for wireless receiver on Hampton Altura 68 inch fan

Love the fan but ran into a huge snag.  Installed on vaulted ceiling and discovered that the wireless receiver will not fit above the ball assembly  on the mounting plate of the canopy.  This fan does not come with pull strings so I need to get this sorted out.  After weiging out all of my options I'm left with:

1. Wire the receiver above the ceiling in a very tight crawl space that is extremely difficult to get to.  Not looking forward to this and future maintenance can be just as bad.

2. Find a wireless receiver that fits in the switch box.

3. Modify the wiring to use exisiting receiver in switch box area, this is something I would like to do for ease of maintenance but not familiar with exactly which wires I should be using, especially since it is a connector.

Please help, I have the wireless receiver just hanging from the canopy area right now.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-04-06T00:52:23+0000  by ektoposny ektoposny

Hello ektoposny,

Welcome to the Community.

I don't think that you will need to come up with an alternate wiring solution for this issue. The Altura is made to have the receiver in the canopy. 

SAFTY FIRST....

Make sure and turn the breaker to the off position and then use a voltage tester to make sure that there is no power going to the unit.

Here is a video of what I think might be the issue on why your receiver wont fit in the hanging bracket.

-If you need to cut the wire make sure that it is 8"-10" above your down rod.

Please let me know if this fixes your problem. If it doesn't please take a couple snap shots and post them so I can see the issue and then re-address it.

Thanks again for joining the community.

Best Answer

Posted 2011-04-06T20:50:28+0000  by Christine_HD_OC

Just slapped my palm into my forehead. 

Returned from vacation to find this response.  You're super awesome and the video made me realize the error in my ways.  Thank you very much!

Posted 2011-04-25T23:23:23+0000  by ektoposny

That's funny.

I also returned from vacation to find your response. I'm so glad that I could help you with your fan issue.

Let us know if you have any other questions come up. The community is always here to let a helping hand.:smileyvery-happy:

Posted 2011-04-27T17:00:04+0000  by Christine_HD_OC

We just bought this fan and are having issues with the remote... I don't see anything like the receiver you show in your video - did they change the design of the receiver?

My best guess is that it is in the switch cup on the bottom of the fan, but I can't seem to identify where the dip switch is or if one is used at all...

Please help!

Posted 2013-12-17T01:32:34+0000  by AlliD

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+