Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Altura 68 inch ceiling fan

I purchased a Hampton bay altura ceiling fan two years ago. Everthing worked fine. About three weeks ago the fan stopped responding to the remote. But, if I turn the fan off at the wall switch and then turn it back on the fan will respond one time and then stop responding again. This happens on both fan and lights. Can I order a new remote and/or a receiver in the fan? I can't explain the one time operation. Can you advise me thanks
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-07-28T19:46:19+0000  by Bg8090 Bg8090

Hello Bg8090,

Welcome to the community.

Isn’t it great when your fan has a mind of its own?:smileymad:

It sounds like the receiver might be the problem to me but I would give Hampton Bay Customer Service a call and explaining the problem with them. You can order whatever replacement parts you need thru them also.

Before you call them you will need to find the UPC# and/or the model# that is located on the top of the motor housing. The UPC# will be 12 digits long. This is how they will determine when and where your particular fan was manufactured. This will insure that you order the correct part.

Here is the contact information Hampton Bay Customer Service.

HamptonBay_CustServ_.jpg

This should get you back in control of your ceiling fan and not the other way around.:smileyvery-happy:

Let me know if you have any other questions. I would love to help.

Posted 2011-07-29T17:56:12+0000  by Christine_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+