Sign In to join the community | Help
Build & Remodel

Any suggestions on a lightweight handheld tool for woodcutting. simple task such as small diy

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2014-02-02T20:57:04+0000  by 1nini 1nini

Hey 1nini.

I was just using my Ridgid Job Max multi tool 3 days ago while putting up baton board in the house. I used my Ridgid 12" compound miter saw for the main cuts and the Job Max for the fine details and notching of boards.

I have used this tool to cut through nails when redecking my porch and as a jamb saw when putting down my bamboo floors. I have used this to cut holes in sheetrock when snaking wires through the walls to run a new cable jack. I have used it as a sander. It is great for so many different applications because of its different cutting blades and interchangeable heads.

I find that I use this tool with every project, no matter how big or small. CLICK HERE to see the other attachments that you can get for this tool. You can turn this tool into a reciprocating saw, Jigsaw, Drill, hammer head, impact driver head and even a ratchet head.

Posted 2014-02-02T21:34:29+0000  by Ingar_HD_ATL
If you search on here for dovetail joints, you'll find a discussion of small hand saws. There was one in particular that was relatively low cost that stood out. Just another view point of a lightweight hand held tool for cutting wood.
Posted 2014-02-02T21:59:29+0000  by Paul

There is no one tool that's perfect for everything, although with the exception of making precise angled cuts I might suggest a jig saw.  They're relatively light in weight and because of the variety of blades available you can cut almost anything. The caveat is that it must be a good quality jig saw, not the $29 variety.  

And, yes, that would be an endorsement of Bosch.

Unless you can afford a Festool.  Their new Carvex with strobescopic LEDs is really amazing.

Posted 2014-02-03T00:49:35+0000  by Adam444

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+