Sign In to join the community | Help
Our Workshops

April-Window Bird Feeder

Good afternoon everyone,

I'm pleased to announce that this months Kids Workshop project has gone to the birds! No really....it has!

This Saturday April 7th from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. we will be building a window bird feeder brought to you by Scotts at The Home Depot. In the video below, I talk a little more about it in greater detail.

Click to View Kids Workshop Video

My fine feathered friend and co-star Larry agrees that all kids will love this great spring project that the whole family will enjoy for years to come.

Larry Bird

All children accompanied by their parent/guardian ages 5-12 can join without registration at your local Home Depot. Alongside your project, you'll also be receiving for FREE....

• Kids Workshop kid-sized Home Depot apron
  • commemorative pin
  • certificate of achievement
  • paint to customize your new bird feeder!

Parents/Guardians, lastly consider clear-coating or using an exterior grade paint or polyurethane after the workshop to ensure your feeder will withstand all the elements throughout the seasons.

Window Bird Feeder

And lastly, Larry and I wanted to give you a few simple pointers when it comes to feeding your little yard birds year round well after you've completed building your feeder.

Our resident outdoor expert, BostonRoots shares her advice as well as product knowledge in her Feed the Birds! post she wrote last holiday season. With tons of great tips in it, its a post that shouldn't be overlooked.

Remember that some birds prefer different feed from others, so always choose the right one to attract the species you want to your feeder.

bird seed

• Thistle aka Nyjer seed is a preferred fave for smaller birds like finches and songbirds.
  • Check out regional blend seeds to attract all sorts of birds 
  • Suet is a great and quick treat to feed birds all year round.

Hopefully with these tips, you'll be enjoying your feeder for a long time.

Happy building and bird-watching!

aboveaveragejoe

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-04-02T18:18:07+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL Joseph_HD_ATL

This was my and my daughters first time at one of the workshops - we both have a great time! The bird feeder is up she still talks about that day!

Posted 2012-06-14T18:40:54+0000  by boziedj

Hey boziedj!

Glad to hear that you and your daughters had a great experience at the Kids Workshop! All Home Depot stores offer them the first Saturday of each month, so don't miss out all year so everyone can share on a fun new project!

Cheers,

aboveaveragejoe

Posted 2012-06-16T14:43:25+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+