Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Are Hampton bay remotes universal

My husband stepped on our hampton bay remote!  It still works but the case is broken.  We can live with it taped together for now, but I would like to replace it if possible.  the FCC ID on the remote is: L3HMAY97FANHD, model: FAN-HD.

Thanks.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-03-16T23:47:41+0000  by Maceo001 Maceo001

Hi Maceo001,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

Ouch :smileysurprised: sorry to hear about your remote control accident!

In terms of getting a replacement remote control for your fan, yes!

You have to remember that that transmitter, what he stepped on, is only half of what makes the remote work. The receiver in the fan itself is the other unseen half that makes it function without pulling chains or flipping switches. So, while you can replace the remote control, all remote controls for fans (no matter where you buy them) has a separate receiver in the packaging already included. The image and link below shows the replacement of your  L3HMAY97FANHD model, we updated the look about 3 or 4 years ago to give it a more contemporary design, and the receiver (not shown) is included.

Hampton Bay Universal Ceiling Fan Remote Control

The reason I keep bringing up the receiver is because while the remote (transmitter) is the same brand, you may need to install this in the fan; its always packaged together with the remote.

Most ceiling fan remote controls come with small dip switches located on the back of the remote control (near the batteries inside the back tab) AND the receiver so they can give the exact signal to the exact destination. This is done because if someone has multiple fans in their house, no rogue ceiling fans will go off at that time. Lots of garage door companies do this too, so neighbors and the unwanted could simply press a button to open it.

Therefore, while you can set the new remote to the old remote (transmitter) dip switch settings. If that doesn't work, you always have the receiver that was bundled already into the package to ensure you'll have a non-broken remote control again!

On a final note, the package comes with wall bracket, maybe you can hang the remote up so his feet won't meet this one!

Hope this helps you out,

aboveaveragejoe

Posted 2012-03-17T21:36:28+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

So, what do we do for a remote that is supposed to control the reverse function as well?  Where can we find a replacement remote for that?  Thanks. 

Posted 2012-08-21T21:28:57+0000  by helpwiththis

Hey helpwiththis,

For starters, do you know what brand/style of ceiling fan you currently have? To find out, you can read the information on top of the ceiling fan's motor housing to give you the SKU/model number/UPC.

Finding this information is very important, as it will give you exactly the right replacement remote you need.

If you have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan (our brand), refer to the information below to get the replacement remote:

hampton bay customer service information

I hope this has helped you out, and let us know if you have any further questions,

aboveaveragejoe

Posted 2012-08-27T17:22:29+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan, model # UC7083T. My remote is cracked and the battery cover does not fit well. I would like to replace it. It is working at this time. Please advise. Thanks, Denise

Posted 2012-09-07T03:18:43+0000  by DHart

Should I phone the number listed in the response above?

Posted 2012-09-07T03:21:04+0000  by DHart

Hey Denise,

Yes, please contact Hampton Bay in the image shown above in this thread so you can get the exact replacement remote control for your ceiling fan. You have the model number, so get in touch with them as soon as you  can!

Have a great day,

aboveaveragejoe

Posted 2012-09-08T19:19:39+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Hi, I have theUPC code 082392460563 and there is another number 0012477. How do I know where the DIP switches are located on the this fan? Thanks

Posted 2012-09-10T22:42:46+0000  by pedalcocer

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+