Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Aspects Decorative 2-light Surface Mount Ceiling Oak frame with lattice.

How do I open the cover of my Aspects Decorative 2-light Ceiling Oak frame with lattice? I need to change the light bulb in this fixture but I can't figure out how to open the frame.  I have seen similar models that need to be unscrewed but I don't see a screw.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-08-28T19:25:27+0000  by ErinSm ErinSm

Hey ErinSm,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

Your fixture is the one shown and linked below, yes? Click on it just to double check, but I believe this is your fixture.

Aspects Decorative 2-Light Surface Mount Ceiling Oak Frame with Lattice

As for taking it down, there should be two metal tabs on each side. Once you find these, you can now safely take the lens and cover down. Click on the assembly image for more information on how to take it down.

Assembly Instructions for Aspects Decorative Fluorescent Light

Once you read the information above, you can now safely get the lens off your fixture.

Let me know if you have any addtional questions.

Joseph

Posted 2013-08-28T19:38:49+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

I'm sorry, this looks like the fixture that I have but I am not seeing how to open the frame.

Posted 2013-08-28T20:11:46+0000  by ErinSm

Did you see the 2nd image that I said you could also link to? Click on the image and it will give you more detailed instructions on the tab part that holds the diffuser in place.

Upon reading the instructions, it looks as though your fixture has 2 screws on where the diagram shows.

These should simply unscrew off, which will allow you to take the frame and plastic diffuser down.

let me know if you have any further questions,

Joseph

Posted 2013-08-28T20:18:50+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

There are no visible screws and I can't feel any either.

Posted 2013-08-28T20:40:04+0000  by ErinSm

Just realized that I need to find the tabs first.  I don't see them either but will contiue to look.

Posted 2013-08-28T20:43:49+0000  by ErinSm

I believe I have the Aspects 4 light surface mount oak grids like this one and in changing the bulbs I broke the lens. Can I order a replacement lens?

Posted 2013-10-25T15:52:50+0000  by JohnJ

Good morning JohnJ,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the community!

The manufacturer of Aspects, American Fluorescent, didn't really give me much information via replacement parts.

However, first contact our online customer service number at 1-800-430-3376 so we can patch you over to the right representative.

Please update us on your progress, and I hope this has assisted you.

Joseph

Posted 2013-10-30T12:26:49+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+