Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

Attic Insulation

With summer approaching I’m sure you’ll get a lot of questions about Insulation.

Aldo, one of our Apron Blog readers asked:

“What insulation do you recommend for the attic?”

Can one of the experts on the Forums please give us some advice on this hot topic?

Thanks,

Jae

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-04-25T15:43:03+0000  by Jae4Apron Jae4Apron

Hello Jae4Apron,

Thanks for helping out Aldo with the insulation question. I would love to lend a helping hand and give a little advice.

It really depend on where you live and weather you have existing insulation or not. Home Depot has put together quite a few project guilds that will help you decide which insulation is the best for your location. There is also a video that may help you understand insulation a little better.

I live on the west coast so R-30 is what I would put in my attic. I already have old blown in insulation that has settled so all I’m going to do is rent the machine from Home Depot Tool Rental and add another layer of blown insulation to it in order to make it more energy efficient again.  

Insulation Blown in.jpg

Here is a picture of the zones and which insulation would be right for your area.

attic insulation.jpg

If you have any other questions after you read through all of the project and buying guilds for insulation please feel free to visit us here on the community.

Posted 2012-04-25T22:16:26+0000  by Christine_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+