Sign In to join the community | Help

Backflow Preventer


Part of sprinkler system, Wilkins Zurn 975XL(1 inch?) has bursted due to freezing temperature. Can I replace it with Watts 1 in. Backflow Preventer Model # 007M1  which your local store carries?

I went two Home depot in this area for the information, but local employees do not have knowledge about that.

I attached the pictire of broken one.


Thank you.




Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2014-02-04T15:59:00+0000  by dannyinkang dannyinkang

Hello dannyinkang.  Welcome to the Community!


The Watts backflow preventer 007M1 is not a suitable replacement for your valve.

What you will need is a Pressure Reducing type valve, which will be slightly more expensive.


One option besides purchasing another Zurn valve would be this one available at, but not in the stores:



This .pdf file from Zurn explains the difference between a typical backflow preventer and the style of valve you have.


Is this what you are looking for?





Posted 2014-02-04T16:52:52+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI

Thank you.

Posted 2014-02-05T05:04:54+0000  by dannyinkang
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question