Sign In to join the community | Help
Bath & Faucets

Ball ShowerArm

Hello I have a shower arm with a ball not standard. I would like to know what I have  to do & what tools is needed to put  on my combo handheld standard showerhead Remember this shower arm is ball not a standard shower arm
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2018-06-13T02:26:33+0000  by RainbowSun RainbowSun

Hello RainbowSun,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the community.

That style of shower arm normally comes with the shower valve assembly. It has a captures nut that stays on the arm and then tightens down on a specific showerhead.

I would suggest removing it and replacing it with a standard shower arm. That way whatever showerhead you purchase will fit it properly.

If that is not an option than there is an adapter that can be used. The only issue with that is that each manufactures can be a different size. Here is a link to one of the most common one used for Price Pfister. There are other sizes for other brands.

As far as tools are concerned, I use either a strap wrench or a pipe wrench to remove the old shower arm and to install the new one. Make sure to use something like a piece of rubber or neoprene in between the pipe wrench and the shower arm so that it does not damage the new arm.  

Use a thread seal tape to seal the threads so it will not leak.  

Thanks again for your question. Please let me know if you have any other questions. I would love to help.

Posted 2018-06-13T18:36:03+0000  by Christine_HD_OC

Hello Christine

Thank you for answering my questions  I really appreciate it & Have a wonderful work week.  

Posted 2018-06-14T09:19:34+0000  by RainbowSun
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question