Sign In to join the community | Help
Project Ideas: Indoor Decor

Bamboo Divider

Hi Guys,

I am trying to pull off a Bamboo Divider idea that I came across on pinterest. I am not quite sure where to start with it. I do know that I need the right sized bamboo, the plant tray, pebbles, and I'm going to assume some sort of cement.  I am pretty new to the DIY aspect of things, so any guidance would be helpful.

Below is a picture of what I am trying to achieve:

Image result for bamboo divider
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-12-20T22:30:57+0000  by Yala Yala

Hey Yala,

Thanks for joining us here on the community!

A bamboo divider for a room is a great way to spruce up your room in a unique way!

You already have the idea for materials; your next step is to carefully measure the bamboo you get (we don't sell in store bamboo like that) and the angles in how they will be set.

To get those angles, you can use a protractor to transfer them from the ceiling to the bamboo, so the cut is accurate. 
Polycast Protractor/Angle Finder

Since this is a personalized DIY project, you can also opt for just having the bamboo going vertical sans any angles to make it easier if you wish.

Another factor to determine is to anchor the bamboo in the ceiling and floor. Again since this can be a customized job, you can use different ways to fasten the bamboo.

Making sure (especially at the ceiling) there is adequate framework behind the drywall (if that's the ceiling you have) by way of ceiling rafters and joists in the floor where this divider will go.

Building the base doesn't require too much skill, but make sure the existing floor can and will have support and clearance to allow it. 

Since there are many factors to consider (what your ceiling & floor is made of for starters), this is about as far as we can assist here without getting more information from you. 

Do you already have the bamboo? Let us know this and further questions you may have. Beyond that, my next suggestion is to come into your nearest Home Depot store and ask a Hardware as well as Building Materials associate to assist you in gathering the right materials and products.

Hope to hear from you again,

Joseph

Posted 2016-12-24T18:23:27+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+