Sign In to join the community | Help
Flooring

Basement Floor with Asbestos Tiling - can I cover them?

Our home was built late 1950's early 1960's.  The basement floor has the 9X9 tiles (brown and white) that we believe has asbestos in them.  Unfortunately on some of the tiles the corners are cracked and came up and I believe you can see the cement flooring underneath.  I've been given advice from several experts one being take the floor up, two - leave it, seal (vapor seal), and cover over, and three just cover over the tiles.  I think it would be extremely costly for me to take up all of these tiles and then dispose of them correctly, so what are my options regarding covering them.  Is there something I can fill in the cracked spots with then seal the floor and then cover?  Since it is my basement, I'm concerned about dampness, water, ect...   I'm not sure what products to use.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you. 

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-07-28T11:28:56+0000  by dourselfmom dourselfmom
Hello,
I'm having the same issue but I would need to cover up missing tile with something before laying surply wood down so we can carpet the rooms. My questions are as follow:
1. Can I use the Henry product mentioned to cover the missing title?
2. When laying the surply wood down what glue could I use?

Please help I have 2 weeks to get this project complete!
Thank you
Em
Posted 2016-06-13T18:21:14+0000  by Emula33
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+