Sign In to join the community | Help
Electrical

Basic Electrical Skills

Hello,

Does anyone know when Home Depot will offer "Basic Electrical Skills" workshop again?

Thanks!
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-02-29T00:00:52+0000  by Syed Syed

Hi Syed,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community.

The best way to find out if your local Home Depot store is having a workshop is by contacting them or visiting them before the scheduled clinic.

Even if they aren't, I find it's the best idea to come in when its not busy (early mornings before 9am or after 7pm in the evenings) and speak to an electrical associate. 

I know at my store I work at in Atlanta and my previous stores, the most knowledgeable associates typically work in the morning hours. 

They can do a one-on-one conversation with you, going over various electrical skill topics more in-depth during those slower business times.

Contact your local store, and you get the electrical questions you have answered promptly.

In fact, if you have any specific electrical skill questions, we can provide assistance here. I actually work at my store in Atlanta in the electrical department, and have worked there for a majority of my almost 15 years at The Home Depot. 

Any questions you may have, you can always ask here as well.

Joseph

Posted 2016-02-29T14:20:58+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL
Hello Syed.

You can view the schedule for upcoming workshops on-line at homedepot.com by setting your local store using the link Joe provided, and then clicking on the drop down menu "DIY Projects & Ideas".  Select "FREE DIY Workshops", (see the red arrow) and you will get about a month's worth of upcoming projects.

As "Basic Electrical Skills" can cover a wide variety of topics, what I recommend you do is invest in a book or two that covers wiring practices.  Here are a couple that would cover that topic well.  I personally own an older version of "Practical Electrical Wiring", and it has been a valuable resource for me.

Practical Electrical Wiring

The Complete Guide to Wiring

As Joe mentioned, in store sales associates can be helpful in giving tips and pointers on specific jobs, but the basic procedures in these books make for an essential foundation of knowledge if you have no on site helper to show you how electrical work is done.

Chris.

Posted 2016-03-01T15:53:05+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI
Thank you so much Chris & Joe!!!

You are very helpful.
Posted 2016-03-01T16:50:00+0000  by Syed

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+