Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Bathroom lighting

I am giving my bathroom a facelift and would like to know if there is any way to create a "blue light" affect in the shower recessed lighting without going to the expense of buying lighting used for pools. I have seen the water fixtures that change the water colors, but that is not what I'm looking for.
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-03-23T14:58:39+0000  by Snowbird Snowbird

Hey Snowbird!

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

Since you already have the shower recessed lighting, all you have to do is use a A shape (regular type) light bulb to go into it!

Only use this kind of bulb, as larger reflector bulbs won't fit in your recessed light due to the glass shower lens.

On our light bulb aisle at your local Home Depot, we carry a CFL ( compact fluorescent light) and a regular incandescent bulb in blue, both shown below.

Philips 25-Watt A19 Incandescent Transparent Blue Light Bulb

Other than an LED color-changing bulb (which I'm assuming is what you didn't want), these two options above are the only 2 medium base blue-color light bulbs we sell in our store, as well as online. 

Please let us know if this was the information you were looking for, and I hope this will give you the effect you were looking for!

Cheers,

Joseph

Posted 2013-03-23T21:15:43+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL
Thank you for the advice. No, I don't yet have the recessed light fixture, but expect I will have to get a waterproof fixture since it will be directly on the ceiling in the shower
Posted 2013-03-23T21:39:59+0000  by Snowbird

Yep, it will have to be a waterproofed shower trim, so moisture won't come in contact with any electrical components.

Halo 4 in. Recessed Satin Nickel Shower Trim

The trim will have a gasket that will prevent any moisture from seeping into the recessed housing. This means the whole fixture isn't waterproof, just the trim.

I hope this information on this thread has assisted you, and let us know if you have any further questions pertaining to your bathroom.

Posted 2013-03-27T14:07:41+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+