Sign In to join the community | Help
Tools & Hardware

Battery powered station

Community, one of ours Facebook members asked this question;

Sangeeta Khanna

Hi, am looking for battery powered outlet - whereby I can plug in my torchiere floor lamp in a corner of the house where I do not have an AC outlet closeby - can you pls suggest any ? looking forward to learn asap...thnx.

This is the answer I've come up with and you guys are more than free to chime in with alternative suggestions.

Sanqeeta something to consider before purchasing power pack station is that they are usually bulky and heavy. There are some alternative products out there that can give you 40+ minutes of power but in order to get some considerable supply hours you would need to go with a heavier units and with more battery cells. These units usually weight around 20lbs and measure something like 11”x17”.

I would recommend BLACK&DECKER ELECTROMATE 400AC/DC portable power station. This unit has received some great reviews and it features some neat options like jump start, air compressor, vehicle alternator voltage check and much more.

black&decker.jpg

Click HERE for more info on a BLACK&DECKER ELECTROMATE 400AC/DC PORTABLE POWER STATION.

Besides Black and Decker I would also to mention a DURACELL POWER SOURCE 1800.

Powersource1800_0013_mid.jpg

The Duracell® Powersource 1800 is a stand-alone rechargeable power supply for backup and emergency power. It includes5 AC outlets and provides up to 1800W of power to home appliances, office equipment and more. This unit can supply 10 hours of backup power and 1.5 hours of run time during power outages.

Hope that helps.

George

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-04-18T15:07:42+0000  by George_HD_CHI George_HD_CHI

Topic
Categories+