Sign In to join the community | Help
Appliances

Beeping Hampton Bay Fan

A room a recently moved into a has a Hampton Bay ceiling fan/light, model MQD42-WH-GL. This morning a beeping sound started going off in the room every 40 seconds or so. Initially I thought it was a smoke detector, but there is no smoke detector in the room. The beeps are clearly coming from the ceiling and the only fixture on the ceiling is the Hampton Bay fan/light. So I have two questions: am I right in thinking that the beeps are coming from this fan? If so, how do I stop it?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-08-13T15:22:10+0000  by thusby thusby

Hello thusby.  Welcome to the Community!

There are ceiling fans that have a "beeper" located inside the remote control receiver.  Typically the beeper will sound off when the remote control is reset to match or mate with the receiver, telling you that all is well. This is a one-time event, not a timed one as you describe.  In addition, some fans will beep when you use the remote.  In no case can I say I have ever encountered a fan that simply beeps every 40 seconds.  Normally a noise like this comes from a small appliance or smoke/CO detector that indicates a low back-up battery.  Ceiling fans don't have batteries.

If you are willing to get a step ladder, climb up to the fan and write down the UPC code from the sticker facing the ceiling, you could call our Hampton Bay customer support team.  They will know what fan you have and can hopefully shed more light on a possible reason why your fan beeps as you have described.

Chris.

Posted 2015-08-14T16:50:02+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+