Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Behr Marquee Paint

Behr Marquee paint was literary "a step in the right direction" for this worn out, tired, beat up, step stool!

With the One-Coat Hide Collection from Behr, the transformation of the stool was quick and easy.  Behr, Black, semi-gloss, Marquee paint covered the previously chippy, yellow/white stool with just one coat, no need to prime, the coverage was amazing! I had to go back and touch up just a few spot that I missed, other than that the paint went on smooth and even, flowed right into the treds on the steps without a problem.

For stenciling; I gathered my Martha Stewart stencils, brushes, and frog tape, and with my trusty yard stick I measured for the placement of the stencils.

Painting projects during the winter months can sometimes be questionable; fumes produced from the paints and the steps that are needed to complete a project can be overwhelming.  I used Behr One-Coat paint in my basement, I did not detect any fumes at all. My basement is not heated but it has a constant temperature around 55 degrees, the paint seemed to dry in no time at all.

With a heavy weight art paper, I just cut a heart shape stencil, the craft scissors had a sweet, wavy edge to make the stencil totally original.

I picked up the step stool at a local antique market. My granddaughter loves to mix batter and help in the kitchen, she needs a little help to reach the counter. I had been on the hunt for a vintage step stool that could also provide an extra seat if needed, finally I found one!

The Marquee paint simplified the face lift of the stool! I customized the stool with a few accent stencils, and waalah….the perfect step stool for my tiny, little sweet-heart, of a baking assistant!

Try this Behr One-Coat paint…I am sure that you will love it!     Maureen

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2017-02-07T19:17:28+0000  by Maureen_HD_BOS Maureen_HD_BOS

Topic
Categories+