Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Behr Paint & Stain Commercial color question

I just saw a Behr commercial on TV.  I'd love to know the original entry color (it's some shade of yellow) that was shown in the beginning of the commercial, the color they painted over!

thanks so much!!

Dana

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-06-19T02:00:16+0000  by danagee danagee

Dana

Welcome to the community Dana. Have no fear ThePaintAvenger is here.I tried searching for the video on you tube no such luck on my end but i do have other ideas.

Here’s a link to Behr’s Virtual color palette:

http://www.behr.com/Behr/home#view=14;vgnextoid=6bd8ea6621ca5110VgnVCM1000008119fea9RCRD;channel=EXPLORE

Once the page loads you can either click on Behr Ultra or Behr Color Center. You will see a wall of different colors click on the yellow cards it will zoom in then you can view each color card. You can click on the color you like and it will tell you the name and number of the color.

Here’s a link to Glidden’s Virtual Color Palette:

http://www.glidden.com/color/color-visualizer.do#path=colorPalette&cid0=&cid1=&cid2=&cid3=&cid4=&cid5=&cid6=&cid7=&cid8=

Once you’re on the site click on the yellow color scheme and that will zoom in and view the colors and that will tell you the name and number of the color.

I hope this information is useful to you. Let me know how you make out. ThePaintAvenger.

Posted 2012-06-19T15:16:11+0000  by Soheil_HD_BOS

There's one problem with picking colors from the TV or on your computer monitor at home. They're not color accurate. Photographers will use specialized equipment to calibrate their cameras, monitors and printers so that what they shoot is what they see on the monitor and what they see is what they'll get when printed. Just like comparing a paint swatch to the colors in a magazine or little photo in a brochure, there's going to be a difference. Like your monitor, four color print processing isn't color accurate.

You have an idea of the colors used in the commercial, so step into the Paint Department at your local THD and find the blues and greens, yellows and purples or teals and ivories, whatever the combination might be that make your eyes sparkle with delight. What you're really looking at is the color combination and contrast between the colors. In your space and with your lighting, the colors in the commercial may not work, but a couple shades either way on each color may just do it.

Posted 2012-06-19T22:54:34+0000  by Paul

Greetings Dana!

The color that they painted over in the commercial you are referring to is called "Fortune Cookie", color number UL150-4. It was done in Behr Premium Plus Ultra (paint and primer in one) in the flat enamel sheen.

Let us know if we can help with anything else!

Happy Painting, 

Christine   :smileyhappy:

Posted 2012-06-20T11:14:22+0000  by Christine_HD_ATL

Christine, thanks so much! I will head to HD and get a sample!

Dana

Posted 2012-06-20T21:33:10+0000  by danagee

Hi, can you tell me the name of the green and blue paint used on the walls in that same commercial? It was used surrounding the staircase. 

Thanks,

Bobbi Jane

Posted 2012-07-28T01:13:13+0000  by Bbjcastaneda

Oh wait....youmight be talking about an old commercial. I just saw this commercial today...

Posted 2012-07-28T01:15:35+0000  by Bbjcastaneda
Hi !
Have you had any luck getting the color names? I am interested in finding out as well and did not have luck with links. Sarah
Posted 2012-08-06T01:20:15+0000  by Sarahern

Hello Bbjcastaneda and Sarahern.  Welcome to the Community!

Actually the Behr commercial which showed blue and green walls being painted along a stairway has been running for some time now.  I just saw it again over the weekend.

The colors in the commercial are Behr Premium Plus Ultra colors. They are "Windsurf" color number UL230-16, (Blue), and "Environmental" color number UL210-6, (Green).

I hope this helps,

Newf.

Posted 2012-08-21T13:37:25+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+