Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Behr Premium Deck Over

Would like some "reviews" on the Behr Premium Deck Over Product

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-05-14T12:46:46+0000  by momofeveryone momofeveryone

I just read about somebody getting bubbles on their pine deck and he cut the bubbles and saw that it was sap still seeping from the pine.  It can do so for many years after installing a deck. Not sure if this is what your issue is as I am not sure of your bubble or wood situation but just offering a possibility.  We are looking into doing this on a new deck to improve the surface texture and prolong the years between sealing/staining our deck. if it didn't bubble would you recommend?

Posted 2013-06-13T01:36:14+0000  by lorpat

I want to use this on concrete patio/porch, does it scratch when moving wood deck furniture, hoses, hose reel, etc.

Posted 2013-06-13T21:50:46+0000  by hemdag

Welcome to our community Hemdag!

Thank you for your question! The darker colors tend to burnish when something is dragged across it. It will be best to avoid dragging, especially if the edge is sharp. Also, please allow 72 hours for this product to completely cure before placing furniture and allowing normal foot traffic.

If we can help with anything else, please let us know!

Christine :smileyhappy:

Posted 2013-06-17T15:07:59+0000  by Christine_HD_ATL

I have applied this product several times now and have not experienced the "bubbles" yet. The only thing that usually causes something like this - is moisture trying to escape from under the coating.  It is possible that either there is some areas that may still have had the deck wash present or just spots of moisture from the cleaning.  When high levels of humidity are present in the air the exposed underside of a deck floor may try to "wick" that moisture up and out of the wood.

Eventually all will work itself out and the "bubbles' should lay back down.  If the problem persists then you may want to contact our customer service for further assistance.

Posted 2013-06-17T15:12:35+0000  by Kevin_HD_ATL

. .

Posted 2013-06-25T20:11:24+0000  by SeanB

On another site, these bubbles were the result of sap leaking through the application although the wood was old.  the guy drilled thrugh the bubbles and refilled with the behr product and problem was solved.

I'm writing this blind as I've had problems getting online and am just hoping this is being posted on the correct place on this site.

Posted 2013-06-26T13:01:22+0000  by ava

Can I do half of my deck at a time let it cure then finish other half?  My deck is the only access to back yard and it is rather large.

Posted 2013-06-30T15:10:44+0000  by fergscot

Was this used on pressure treated wood??

Posted 2013-06-30T19:19:42+0000  by Floralabra

This product is latex (water based) and will dry fairly quickly, so doing a part at a time will be fine.

I suggest painting the steps and the entrance at the end of the day - so that you can walk on it in the morning.:smileyvery-happy:

DO.JPG

Posted 2013-06-30T19:38:59+0000  by Kevin_HD_ATL
I just covered my deck and after a week of drying the coating is coming up in a number of places, especially if something is moved such as a chair. Why is this happening? I did clean the deck before coating.
Posted 2013-07-05T16:04:28+0000  by Gigi1203
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+