Sign In to join the community | Help
Tools & Hardware

Best Tool For SIMPLE job?

Hi...

Okay I need to drill a 1/2 hole into all of these plastic lids. I want to find a hand drill, not one of those super big huge expensive ones, but something small simple, that will do the job as mentioned easily. Also, what sized drill bit would I buy in order to create clean 1/2 holes,  and that the drill bit will fit into the hand drill recommended?

It's a simple crafting thing, but I dont want to buy some expensive hand drill for something that wont be used that often?

Thanks all!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-05-12T02:10:28+0000  by Davy333 Davy333

Hey Davy333,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

Buying a tool can be a great investment for the plastic lids you are drilling into now as well as any future projects you have further down the road.

I'm assuming you are saying you would prefer to use a power tool. A hand tool is regarded as something that doesn't require a motor or electricity to enable it to work. There are old-fashioned hand augers that can drill 1/2", but I have found that those are just as expensive as economical power tools out there today.

With that said, we sell quite a few low-priced and handy power tools in our hardware department at your local store and online.

The first one, shown below, is sold at some Home Depot stores as well as online. It has a great low price and works well for simple drilling jobs such as yours. Click on the image below to read more about it.

Black and Decker 7.2 Volt Cordless Drill

The next one to consider is one that I actually own. I've had it for a few years and it works great for simple jobs around the house, without the unneeded extra power. It also has a low price and I highly recommend it for crafting applications such as yours. Click on the image, and it will give you more information and price.

Ryobi 9.6 Volt Cordless Drill

Now as for the drill bit to use you can use a multi-purpose 7/16" or 1/2" size. The 7/16" is obviously a little smaller and maybe needed to make it a tighter fit, but the choice is entirely up to you.

DEWALT 1/2

Choosing the right power drill and bit can get the job done on time and under budget. Hopefully with these tips I've given, you are on the right track to get the right tools you'll need.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

aboveaveragejoe

Posted 2012-05-12T18:30:12+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+