Sign In to join the community | Help
Doors & Windows

Bi-Fold Door failure

I purchased and installed 2 Hollow Core Interior Closet Bi-fold Doors and the bottom of one just caved in after 7 months of use. 

Is this the life expectancy of these doors? I still have my receipt, can I get a replacement?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-05-19T21:35:33+0000  by markeymarc markeymarc

Hi markeymarc,

I am sorry to learn of your bi-fold door problem.

No, this is not the life expectancy of bi-fold doors ... they should last much longer than seven months.

On the other hand, the return policy says ninety-days with a receipt ... which you are now beyond.

CUSTOMER SERVICE:
Take the door and your receipt to the Service Desk at the store where you purchased it and discuss how the damage occurred.

Specifically, ask if it can be replaced with the same bi-fold door and the damaged door returned to the vendor as a damaged item.

This approach will allow the service desk to examine the damaged area on the bottom of the door and make a decision.

The Home Depot has built a reputation for standing behind products sold in stores and online.

So, even though it is beyond the normal return timeline, it is still possible that it may be replaced after reviewing your situation.

Your local customer service desk will be happy to consider your request.

Posted 2016-05-19T22:17:13+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+