Sign In to join the community | Help
Electrical

Answered

Black and Decker vs Ryobi on cordless Hedge Trimmer and Weed Wacker

I have done some online research about cordless weed wacker and hedge trimmer.

On this research the B&D NHT518 hedge trimmer and the B&D NST2018 Weed Wacker were recommended highly.

I went to HD and one of the sales person recommended me to stay away from B&D and recommended me to get the

Ryobi p2603 Hedge Trimmer and the Ryobi P2002 weed whacker instead.

I can't seem to find too much information or reviews on either one of these two Ryobi products?

I was told that B&D falls on the lower end of the spectrum on quality brands and Ryobi was a more reliable brand.

i know that these B&D products use NICd batteries and the Ryobi use the newer LIon type batteries.

Any thoughts or recommendations outthere?

Thank you,

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-02-11T21:32:31+0000  by edwin_eleven edwin_eleven

Welcome to our community Edwin_eleven,

My name is Christine and I’m a Home Depot store associate at a store here in Atlanta.

I have a few links for you to peruse.

On The Home Depot website  there is information on all of these products that you are inquiring about. There are reviews as well. In looking at the reviews, it really depends on what you will be using these trimmers for.

Click each link below for information and reviews on each of the products that you mentioned:

Ryobi 18 Volt Lithium String Trimmer model# P2002

Ryobi 18 Volt Lithium Hedge Trimmer model # P2603

Black & Decker 18V Cordless Hedge Trimmer model #NHT518 

Black & Decker 12 in. 18-volt Cordless Electric String Trimmer model #NST2018  

Lithium- Ion batteries tend to last much longer. They also weigh less than the NiCd batteries. TheHammer made a video talking about the difference between the Ni-Cd and the Lithium-Ion batteries. Click here to take a look.

I would recommend going back to your store and putting your hands on the products that you are considering purchasing. Take in to consideration weight, and ease of use when making your final decision.

I hope this helped you out in making your decision,

Let us know how we can help in the future,

Christine

Best Answer

Posted 2011-02-12T16:03:48+0000  by Christine_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+