Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Bought paint somewhere else will Home Depot put color in it for me for a price

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-08-16T02:45:30+0000  by straberry42 straberry42

Hi there straberry42,

Thanks for joining our community!~

Matters like this would fall under the discretion of the individual store's management team, and ultimately on it's store manager. Where as some stores may agree to do it, others may not. For the best answer on this, I would contact your local store and ask to speak with the paint manager on this.

Our paint machines are set up so that they are predominately used to dispense set amounts based on formulas from our vendors. While we can dispense custom levels of colorant to alter colors a bit, doing so requires lots of expertise and time spent understanding colorant and tint ratios. It's a bit more complex then simply shooting a bit of colorant here and there, as it needs to be a relatively precise ratio to not only make the proper color, but also keep the paint at the proper consistency. Adding too much colorant can ruin the integrity of the paint all together.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Be sure to Subscribe to your posts!~ Look for the [Options] drop down at the top right of your post and select [Subscribe] from the list to stay alert to new activity or replies to your questions. = )

Also, if this answer was helpful to you or solved your problem, please hit the Accept As Solution button to let us know!~
Posted 2013-08-16T14:43:39+0000  by Jay_HD_CHI

I would agree with Jay completely. At my store, we generally do such things and chaulk it off to good customer relations, in hopes that he will come back in the future and buy his paint and sundries here. Of course, priority is given to taking care of the existing customers first, but when time allows, it is no problem.

Home Depot spends untold millons of dollars per year in trying to attrack new customers. Why would you not spend a little time to win over a customer by giving service above and beyond what is expected or required?

Posted 2013-08-16T16:40:11+0000  by ordjen

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+