Sign In to join the community | Help
Outdoors

Bricks

Hi there,

I really need as possible an accurate calculation for bricks.  See below for mesures.

48 x 17 and 23 x 5 are the areas I'll need the brick

The brick is 8" L x 4" W, the pallat  has 528 pieces at Home Depot the price is $ 42c per piece.

I also need the name of the plastic is need it to place on the ground before the brick is set.

I'm trying to have lay bricks on part of the backyard and side of the house.

Any tips in regards it be very helpful.

I really appreciated your help, again I'm trying to purchase this material in about 3 days.

Hopefully I heard from you before.

Thanks again,

NM 
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-08-31T19:43:29+0000  by sary sary

Howdy Sary,

To calculate an area we multiply the length by the depth. For starters, the 48 X 17 (feet I’m guessing) is 816 square feet. The 23 X 5 equals 115 square feet. If we add 816 and 115 we get 931 square feet. If the brick is 8”x4” we get 32 square inches. If we convert 931 feet into square inches we get 13,4064 square inches. We take the 32 square inches and divide that into 13,4064 and get 4189.5 bricks.

Now we need to take into consideration things like: breakage, cuts (no one has a perfectly square area), and extra for repairs in the future. My guess is that 4,220 bricks would be needed.

As for the installation of bricks/pavers here is a link to how to install them: http://www.pavestone.com/installing-pavestone-pavers-video/

The preparation is the most important part and doesn’t have to be done on one afternoon.

Happy Paving,

Coach Dave

Posted 2015-08-31T22:45:30+0000  by Dave_HD_OC
Hi sary,

I concur with Coach Dave.

Projects this size always have overages.

Rather than expect only 230 additional brick, which add up to 4220 total, I would expect closer to 420 additional brick or a total of 4609 brick.

Since color lots vary even within the same brick, this higher number will prevent you from purchasing additional brick from a different color lot ... which helps maintain the color continuity of your entire project.

HOW TO:

Cost control is certainly important, but professional installers will never start a project without enough material to complete the project.

When they do, the overages include cost changes, increased labor costs, deliver charges, and extended timelines while they wait for needed supplies to be reordered, delivered, and verified.

Plan for an additional ten to twelve-percent more brick than the square feet of your project require.

You'll be much more in control of your project as well as the overall costs.
Posted 2015-09-15T16:55:41+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+