Sign In to join the community | Help
Project Ideas: Fun & Games

Building a Giant Jenga Game

Hey everyone! Today I'm here to bring you a quick tutorial on how to build a really fun game to play during any season! So weather it's nice outside and you're looking for a great game to play out in the yard with friends and family, or something to liven up the party on a rainy day-- Giant Jenga.

ahem... I mean--

Giant Jenga!

playing Jenga.png

Skill Level: Intermediate
Under-Over Rating: Under $30/ Over 1 hr.

WHAT YOU NEED FOR THIS JOB:
Tools Materials

Step 1: Cut Pieces

Giant Jenga setup

Using a saw, cut 72 pieces to 10.5" exactly. It's key that you keep them all the same size, or else you will end up with one crooked tower.

Step 2: Sand

After you have your planks cut, sand down the edges so that you remove any splinters.  You can also take this time to buff the edges as well if you really want to make it look nice.

Step 3: Position the Planks

Giant Jenga setup 02

Line up your planks in rows of 3 just like you see below and then start on your next row, position the planks in the opposite direction from the ones below. Keep stacking them up as you go!

We got ours to be about as big as me! Yes, we call the game Giant Jaynga here in our Chicago office. Feel free to use that when playing, I'd be delighted!

Giant Jenga

It's a game of skill and patience, so be sure to take your time!

Thinking

We decided to play a round here on a really rainy day, and it made for great fun! Just be careful how many you pull off the tower though!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-04-20T18:18:57+0000  by Jay_HD_CHI Jay_HD_CHI

Topic
Categories+