Sign In to join the community | Help
Build & Remodel

Building a desk

I am in the process of building a 10' desk for my office.  I used three ten foot 2"x10"s for the desk top.  After installing the desk to brackets on the wall I have realized that the front board is significantly warped upwards.  About 3/4 of a inch over the length of the board so the front edge of my desk on the right side is 3/4 of an inch higher than the back edge.  Do you have any ideas on how I could pull that front edge down to be more inline with the rest of my desk?  My thought is to use angle iron to try to pull it down. 

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-05-29T13:52:46+0000  by ambrosierj ambrosierj

Can you post some pictures? There are a few different ways to accomplish what you want, depending on how everything is constructed.

Posted 2012-05-29T21:06:44+0000  by Paul
Since I've not heard anything I will suggest the easiest method to get rid of the bow. Simply replace the board with a new one.
Posted 2012-06-04T21:57:09+0000  by Paul
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question