Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Cabinet Transformations

Just used the Cabinet Transformations kit in the cocoa color on my bathroom cabinets.  The process was easy to do and I am very pleased with the result however, I have finished all 4 steps and I am not quite satisfied with the color.  I'm planning on buying a new kit in the rustic color for my kitchen and would like to redo the bathroom with the same color.  Can I go over the color I've already used?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-02-27T18:07:25+0000  by cherylannhope cherylannhope

I am glad you found the product easy to use. On the otherhand - I am sorry that you have a little more work to do.

It will be fine to go over what is on there now. Just make sure the product has had time to dry (maybe over night), and lightly sand the surface before applying the new base coat.

Hope you found this helpful.

Posted 2012-02-27T18:45:24+0000  by Kevin_HD_ATL

Hey CherrylAnn!

I contacted Rust-Oleum Technical Support just to clarify your process.

They said you can forego the cleaning step on the existing cocoa colored bathroom vanity and start by using a 220-grit sandpaper to buff sand through the clear coat (but not all the way down to the wood).

Remove the sanding dust with a dry terry towel (no solvents or chemicals should be used) and then begin applying your new kit.

Follow the instructions for steps 2 through 4 to complete your bathroom vanity.

NOTE: You'll follow all four steps on your kitchen cabinets.

Posted 2012-02-28T14:33:50+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+