Sign In to join the community | Help
Tools & Hardware

Can Find Replacement Oil Rubbed Bronze Oval Door Knobs

I bought door knobs at Home Depot about 8 years ago.  They are oval/egg shaped in oil rubbed bronze.  I can't remember the brand and I can't find a name on the actual knobs.  They look like Baldwin knobs but about half the price.  The brand name may have started with A but I can't be sure.  Does anyone have any ideas?  Thank you!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-01-01T00:07:07+0000  by KCS KCS
There's a company called Arrow Locks (it's part of Assa Abloy, a Swedish multinational).  I have no idea if Home Depot ever sold Arrow but I think they've been more targeted towards the commercial market.

Have you looked at the plate on the latch assembly?  Often the manufacturer's name is stamped there.

Posted 2016-01-01T13:32:55+0000  by Adam444
Hello KCS.  Welcome to the Community!

While some stores have clearanced them out, at my store we still sell both the Baldwin egg shaped door locks and Schlage ones as well in oil-rubbed bronze.  You can tell the difference easily, as the Baldwin handles are solid metal, and the Schlage ones are hollow.  Huge difference in feel and weight.  No other brands that I know of have been sold in this shape and color in the last 10 years.

If your store does not carry them, they can be special ordered for you.  You can also go online to and see the selection there as well.


Posted 2016-01-05T18:45:45+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question