Sign In to join the community | Help
Electrical

Can I Get more switch-controlled outlets in my living room without rewiring?

Hello,

My living room has no built-in lighting, but it does have a light switch controlled outlet. The switch and outlet are in one corner of the room isolated by an entryway on each side.

I have a lamp connected to the switch controlled outlet to light the room. But, it doesn't provide enough light, so I'd like to add more lamps around the room that plug into other outlets. I don't want to rewire in the house. Also, the solution needs to be wireless to avoid unsightly wires crossing the entryway--so no extension cords.

Is there a way to have all the lights turn on with one flip of the built-in light switch?

So I guess I'm asking: Is there an aftermarket wireless switch that could do this for me?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-04-02T17:19:12+0000  by treed314 treed314

Hi treed314,

Ge offers remote controlled outlets called the Z_Wave. These replace the original outlets and can be controlled with the Z-wave remote from anywhere in the house. Turn one on or all with the remote.

We sell the Z-wave on line only at Home Depot.com

Mike

http://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-Z-Wave-Wireless-Lighting-Control-Duplex-Receptacle-45605/202453948
Posted 2015-04-02T17:58:45+0000  by Mike_HD_OC
Hello treed314.  Welcome to the Community!

I can give you a couple of less expensive alternatives.

First is a Heath unit that offers a remote control wall switch combined with a light socket receiver.  It looks like this:

Next would be an item from GE that instead of using a light socket receiver, places one at the outlet which your lamp would then plug into.  It looks like this:

Chris.

Posted 2015-04-03T19:12:45+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+