Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Can I get any fan with light or lights and expect it to work with the existing switch, high-low?

Our house has a ceiling fan with 4 light bulbs.  The switch has 4 speeds for the fan and low and high settings for the light.  The other fan has no light bulbs but the same switch.  Can I buy any fan I find that has light and expect it to do the high-low thing with the lights?  I don't like dimmers, I want the low-high switch.  I want to replace the fan without lights with a fan that has lights and I want to make sure I get the right type of fan.  I plan to have an electrician hook it up.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-11-01T22:59:34+0000  by kathyathome kathyathome

Hey kathyathome!

Thanks for joining us here on the community!

From what you are saying to us, it seems as though you have 2 totally separate fans.

At least with the lights, the 2 levels of lights are generally something that comes with the fan, and usually isn't something that isn't available otherwise, at least from the items that we carry in our store.

For a replacement, you can dig a little deeper and research our entire collection of ceiling fans to see which ones have the 2 levels of lights. Click ont the fan below for more information.

Most Popular Sizes

Please let us know if you have any further questions,

Joseph

Posted 2013-11-06T22:54:41+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Thank you Joseph - I'll make sure I get a store associate to help me so we get a fan with a light that will do the high-low thing for us.

Posted 2013-11-07T00:59:54+0000  by kathyathome

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+