Sign In to join the community | Help
Flooring

Can I grout on top of unsealed recently installed grout?

I grouted my newly installed floor a week ago, and it has dried white, instead of a rich gray.  I haven't sealed it, and am really unhappy with the color, yet I don't want to have to remove all of the grout and start over.  Can I add a thin layer to it of the right color since I haven't sealed it yet?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2014-02-01T05:45:38+0000  by jardincita jardincita

Good morning jardincita!

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

Re-grouting existing grout is a fairly common project. You'll have to remove a majority of the grout you have now so that the new grout can successfully hold. Failure to do so will cause the new grout to come off in a short amount of time.

We have a great thread about re-grouting already. You can click on the image of regrouting below to find out more information.

regrouting.JPG

I'm with you with not wanting to remove the grout, since you already did that....and you have another option available so you don't have to grout at all!

If you use the bottle of Grout Renew below, it will get you your grey you prefer. It comes in a variety of colors, including a few shades of grey! You simply apply it with a brush and a steady hand directly over the grout.

It also doubles as a sealant, so you essentially have a colorant and sealer all in one handy bottle!

Click on the image of the Grout Renew below for additional information.

Unless we don't have a Grout Renew colorant to your liking, then you would opt for regrouting.

I think you'll like the results from using Grout Renew. Some of the colors are limited in our store; but we have more available on our website from the link I gave above.

Let me know if you have any further questions,

Joseph

Posted 2014-02-01T14:56:32+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+