Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Can I install the ceiling fan without the light kit

I have purchased 3 Hampton Bay 52" anniversary edition ceiling fans with lights (model # 051350). I don't want to have a light on one of the fans, but I need the fans to match. Is there a cap that can fit over the end that can be installed instead of the light unit?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-06-28T21:17:27+0000  by jlhenry58 jlhenry58

Hey jlhenry58,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

The number you gave us for your ceiling fan was slightly incorrect, it was actually model #51350 SKU # 993855 Campbell Mediterranean Bronze Ceiling Fan. Here's the link for it below.

Hampton Bay Campbell 52 in. Mediterranean Bronze Ceiling Fan with Remote

At this time, we don't have a replacement cap for the Campbell that eliminates the light kit and covers it, I'm sorry. I searched online on our site as well, but to no luck.

My only guess after working so many years in lighting is that the consumer wanted a ceiling fan without the kit, you'd buy it from the start. However, we do carry a limited amount of ceiling fans that have the cap with it.

In my opinion though, the only option that I could say would be the nearest match would be to buy our Farmington fan also by Hampton Bay.....if your other Campbell fan is up with the light kit.

I realize this isn't an exact match, but it is very close, and one of the few in the size and finish without a light kit that is available at your nearest store.

undefined undefined

I have never seen us, nor any home center like us sell caps separately for your fan. Even if you did, you'd need to make sure the finish as well as the diameter matches.

So in conclusion, you can do 3 options to have both fans match but have one without a light kit.

1. Buy 2 ceiling fans (and return what you have now) that has replacement caps in them (it will state that it does on the box).

2.Use one Campbell fan and one Farmington as previously discussed

3. Buy 2 Farmington fans, and then install a light kit on it.

Let me know if this has assisted you, and I hope to hear from you soon regarding your choice.

Cheers,
Joseph

Posted 2013-06-29T20:23:19+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+