Sign In to join the community | Help
Flooring

Can I match color match dupont realtouch elite floor with cap a tread?

Can I match color match dupont realtouch elite floor with cap a tread?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-04-06T02:34:01+0000  by Lkkrauza Lkkrauza

Hey Lkkrauza,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community.

We haven't sold DuPont laminate flooring in quite a while at The Home Depot, in both in-store and online options.

You can contact DuPont directly for matching room transition strips, including stair noses.

Cap-A-Tread generally is aligned with our products we currently sell. If DuPont no longer carries or has no transitions (you may need other options too like quarter round), you can try a similar item we sell in-store or here online.

However, always use caution with a stair nose or similar transition strip from another manufacturer, as you may have to make alterations to where it meets the existing flooring. Additionally, you may have to plane or reduce the height of the stair nose.

This holds true even for unfinished oak or a similar real wood stair nose. In either case, do some research to see what option (laminate or real wood) would work best for you.

Contact DuPont first however to see where your options stand. Unfortunately, I couldn't find their information online here regarding who to call directly.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Joseph

Posted 2016-04-06T16:58:30+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+