Sign In to join the community | Help
Kitchen

Can I paint a table top looks like a smooth melamine, or what can I use to bring back the shine

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-08-22T02:14:01+0000  by frankemac frankemac

Welcome to our community Frankemac!

Thank you for your questions! You will need to make your table top smooth if it is not already. If it is not smooth, sand it with a medium grit sand paper either by hand or by machine. If the texture is really rough, I would highly recommend an orbital sander so you don't have to do too much work. ;)

After it is smooth, you can either paint it or put a clear coat on top to bring back the shine.

If you would like to paint it, I would highly recommend using a oil based paint in either a semi-gloss or high gloss finish. To achieve the smoothest look possible, you will want to roll it with a 1/4" nap roller or a foam roller.

If you are satisfied with the color of your table top and just want to restore the luster, I would recommend using an oil based polyurethane or lacquer to bring back the shine. You will want to apply these with a high quality, natural bristle brush such as a Purdy White Bristle brush.

If you have any more questions, please let us know!

Christine :smileyhappy:

Posted 2013-08-26T12:48:41+0000  by Christine_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+