Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Can a dimmable LED bulb be used in the Hampton Bay 1-Light White Wall Sconce?

If so, which one and how?  

Stock is a 13 W CFL 4 Pin bulb.  

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-10-14T23:16:13+0000  by eeeee eeeee

Hello eeeee and thank you for joining The Community!  We are glad that you are here.

The dimmable LED bulb is not suitable; you should only use the manufacturer recommended 13 watt CFL bulb in your Hampton Bay 1-Light White Wall Sconce (Model # EW165MAB - Internet # 100116932 - Store SKU # 459920).  

Best wishes on your project.

Eileen light bulb.jpg

Posted 2013-10-15T17:29:51+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

Hey eeee,

Just as stated, the PL-C 4 pin type bulb for your sconce is only available in CFL through us due to the shape of the base.

However, I have seen some pin type socket bases available through other outlets online. I will say though that since the CFL is efficient and the base isn't as common, you'd be hard pressed to find it in LED at this type.

But, the way LED manufacturers are keeping up with the technology, I'm sure within this year that the industry will produce more and more various types of specialty bulbs including these. I'm mentioning this bc the only PL-C 4 pin type LED replacements now tend to be bigger in size than their CFL counterparts.

Again, they are out there, but they can be bulky and cumbersome in regards to having them fit snug into your wall sconce. Do a little internet research to find out more, and if anything, be patient as the LED manufacturers make more available.

Let me know if you have any additional questions,

Joseph

Posted 2013-10-16T15:13:07+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+