Sign In to join the community | Help
Doors & Windows

Can you provide info on how to clean between double hung windows

My double hung windows throughout the house are fogged and have moisture between the glass. I would like to know how to clean this and restore the windows without having to purchase  windows. Just bought this house and about all the windows have tthis problem.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-06-25T16:49:16+0000  by novice65 novice65

Novice65,

I wish I had good news for you, but there is no way to fix the glass short of replacing it. The individual panels can be replaced, but it is not cheap! If both panels have broken seals, It may well be less expensive to replace the whole window.

You might have an advantage if you know the manyfacturer. Some will sell directly to the public, but most will require going through a glass or window company.

I recently had a Milgard glass panel replaced in one of my double hung living room windows. A single panel was $340 installed! It did have the enclosed muntin bars and was Low-E. The installation company was an authorized Milgard dealer whose name was given by the factory.

If you go the panel replacement route, do get the Low-E glass. It definitely makes your home more comfortable whether in a hot or cold climate.

Hope this has helped.

Posted 2013-06-25T22:46:56+0000  by ordjen

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+