Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Answered

Can you spray teak oil?

I'm in the process of refurbishing my outdoor teak furniture.  I pressure washed a love seat and two chairs and applied two coats of teak oil.  They look like new.  The issue is that applying the oil by wiping on with a rag is really time-consuming, particularly when having to rub the oil between the slats in the chairs.  The label says it's possible to spray it on, which I assume would be much faster.  Is it true you can spray teak oil and if so, what sort of sprayer should I use?  Any other thoughts or tips?  I've got about six more piece I want to refinish and would prefer a faster route.  thanks.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-07-09T21:29:12+0000  by thedougie thedougie

Thedougie,

The teak oil can certainly be applied by sprayer. However, teak oil , as all oil finishes, must not be left with excess oil sitting on the surface. The oil should be applied liberally, allowing the wood to suck in all the oil it wants. However, after several minutes, all oil which has not been absorbed, should be wiped from the surface.

As the finish must be wiped, a fine spray is not neccessary. A simple hand held garden pressure sprayer would be adequate. Such sprayers are available at the HD garden department for several dollars. The sprayer tank holds about 1 1/2 quarts of liquid. Teak oil is relatively thin and will spray fairly well from such a sprayer. The tip is adjustable.

Best Answer

Posted 2012-07-10T07:26:00+0000  by ordjen

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+