Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

Can't replace light in Hampton Bay fan!

Hi, the light in my Hampton Bay ceiling fan went out, and I can't seem to remove the globe that houses the bulbs.  I've read online that the globe can be removed by pushing up and turning clockwise, but the globe doesn't budge when I try that approach. 

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-12-03T05:02:29+0000  by ARV ARV

Hey ARV,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

Depending on what type of Hampton Bay fan you have will determine how it will come off.

Do you remember the kind you purchased? The best way to find out if you aren't sure is to find the model number/UPC on the top of the fan housing.

Use a ladder and a pocket mirror to read the model number without having to take the fan down.

This way, we can find you the manual instructions to find out exactly how the globe comes off. 

Try going counterclockwise with the globe while slightly pushing up on it to see if that may do the trick. I know with some models, the globe can be tricky to remove once it was installed very tightly, so keep at it to see if this will work.

Keep us updated on your situation,  and provide us with the model number if possible.

Thanks,

aboveaveragejoe

Posted 2012-12-03T21:28:10+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+