Sign In to join the community | Help
Flooring

Carpet

How often do I need to clean my carpet in order to stay within Warranty

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-12-20T23:55:47+0000  by Preston Preston

Hi Preston,

Most carpet manufactures recommended professional cleaning once a year to stay within the manufacturers warranty.

Obviously, cleaning should be performed as need to maintain the appearance of the carpet and to assure a long life.

If there are pets in the home, more frequent cleaning is recommended but not required.

Mike, The Home Depot Answer Man

Posted 2012-12-21T00:51:46+0000  by Mike_HD_OC
The other side of the cleaning coin is continuous vacuuming. Manufactures will often call for 1-2 times a week. The first thing they will do when a claim is put in will take a look at the fibers with a manufacturing glass, and they can tell if you have been vacuuming. Think about it, sand and dirt are abrasive and can tear at the fibers, that is why you need to clean them.
Posted 2012-12-23T00:16:33+0000  by CoastalClass
*magnifying glass
Posted 2012-12-23T00:19:40+0000  by CoastalClass

Hello All Guys

I am in bring trouble. Recently brought carpets on Christmas and my three year boy has split ink on its surface. Please help me with cleaning otherwise it will cost me heavily. Waiting for reply.

Posted 2012-12-30T09:15:05+0000  by jacksnergis

I am looking for some help in selecting commercial carpet cleaning gold coast services. Need some reviews before hiring.

Posted 2013-01-01T04:26:12+0000  by jacksnergis

I found this article on one of the site to keep the carpets clean using some cleaning agents hope it will help you http://www.rugsandblinds.com/rug-cleaning-agents.aspx. Let me know if you find some new ideas to keep carpets clean.

Posted 2013-01-03T06:51:23+0000  by MarilynMoor

Hi jacksnergis

A real problem, here are some ideas;

Try Folex carpet stain remover. It is an excellent product which works miracles.

1) Spray on the Folex full strength directly from the bottle. Soak the area liberally.

2) Rub the stain with your fingers to work in the stain remover.

3) Let the stain remover set for a few minutes

4) Blot the stain with a clean white cloth, do not rub!

If Folex doesn’t get the job done, try WD40

1)      Spray the WD40 on the stain and let it sit for 10-15 minutes.

2)      Blot the stain with a clean white cloth, to remove the stain. Do not rub!

3)      Next wash the area with dish washing soap and water.

4)      Finally rinse the area and allow it to dry.

I hope these ideas work; try both on an inconspicuous area first to assure color fastness.

You can purchase Folex Carpet Stain Remover and WD40 at your local Home Depot.

Mike, The Home Depot Answer Man

Posted 2013-01-03T19:54:12+0000  by Mike_HD_OC

Thanks for the tips.

Posted 2013-01-05T05:46:52+0000  by MarilynMoor

Hairspray will lift out ink spots on carpet. Salt may also lift the spot out of the carpeting. Let it stay till the spot is absorbed and brush off. Do it again if necessary. You can also take help from the professionals who are providing affordable services.

Posted 2013-02-15T10:51:59+0000  by JessicaPetty
Your carpet helps maintain the overall look of your home. But for a true, deep clean, it´s best to schedule a professional steam cleaning of your carpets about once a year. And let Austral Cleaning Brisbane do the job.  Their highly trained technicians understand that every carpet is different – so they know the perfect solution to your unique carpet problems.
Posted 2015-06-19T06:29:31+0000  by KloeAnderson

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+