Sign In to join the community | Help
Electrical

Ceiling Fan Electrical Installation

I have purchased a Hunter Ceiling Fan with Light Kit to replace an existing fan.  I have installed the fan three times and it wouldn't work.  I took it back to Home Depot and got a new one.  I wired the new one down to and including the light kit.  All the wires were connected correctly and checked that voltage was getting to the motor and the light kit.  I installed the lights and nothing again.  HELP ME PLEASE
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2018-05-21T02:48:25+0000  by Host Host

Hey Host,

Thanks for your question and for joining us here on the community.

To get to the bottom of your lighting conundrum, we are going to need to get some more information out of you to troubleshoot your fan situation better.

If you installed 2 ceiling fans properly (as you say you did), then the issue maybe somewhere in the wiring or remote control (if the fan has one). 

Let us know what type of ceiling fan it is, if one or two switches are controlling the fan, and if there was a ceiling fan there before. Once you've answered this, we can get to the bottom of figuring out what is going on with your ceiling fan. As long as everything is wired properly, the fan motor isn't on a dimmer (they can't be dimmed), and/or any remote control unit is installed right, then there shouldn't be an issue.

Update us on your progress by answering these questions, and we can get to quickly having your ceiling fan up and running.

Joseph

Posted 2018-05-21T19:43:38+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+