Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Answered

Ceiling Fan Flush Mount

Hello,

I have an 8 foot bedroom ceiling. I removed the existing celing fan which was on a bracket with a ball type mount. Do I need to buy a flush mount ceiling fan or can I buy the one below and mount it flush as I hear most celing fans are dual mount. My previous fan was very old, wobbly and didn't have a light kit so I want to replace it with one that has the greatest chance of installing and running smoothly. Do I need a special flush mount adapter? Lastly, is the box wiring needed the same for a fan with a light and one without? Thanks for your help!

http://www.homedepot.com/Featured-Products-Cooling-Ceiling-Fans/Lighting-Fans-Fans-Ceiling-Fans-Indoor-Ceiling-Fans/Hampton-Bay/h_d1/R-202064232/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&productId=202064232&storeId=10051

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-10-13T19:31:50+0000  by mred1 mred1

I purchased a hampton Bay 60" langston.  i too have an 8 ft ceiling and need to flush mount it.  The. Top of the box indicates it can be flush mounted but the instructions provided do not say how.  I checked the hanger basket and it does not have the hook that allows you to hang the assembly when attaching it to the flush mount.  Im curious if anyone knows how to flush mount this model?  Do too need to cut the downrod in order to get it to fit?

Posted 2012-09-04T02:20:25+0000  by Prchske

This can be flush mounted if you buy an adaptor kit. After several calls to homedepot product line where they told me it can't be flush mounted and there was no adapter kit available, I told them I was going to buy a certain Monte Carlo flush mount adapter kit and asked if it would work with the Hampton Bay Springview.

After that, all of a sudden, the do have an adapter kit I could buy and I need to buy that one to make sure it will fit my fan. It's the Minka Aire A180-BN The BN is brushed nickel. I don't know the codes for the other finished, but this will get to to the right place. Homedepot can special order that for you. I got mine elsewhere since I got tired of the run around they were giving me.

Posted 2013-06-18T19:25:11+0000  by mission007
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+