Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Ceiling Paint - White?

I'm painting 3 bedrooms (walls) in a very light gray color (Behr silver screen), and looking to also paint the ceilings in a white.  I wanted to get some opinions on which white to choose.  
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-07-08T17:55:13+0000  by klrkknt klrkknt

Hello kirkknt,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community.

Silver Screen by Behr is indeed a light grey color. It's shown below and linked here.

BEHR Premium Plus Ultra 8 oz. #770E-2 Silver Screen Interior/Exterior Paint Sample

As far as a white to go with it, it's really your call when you come into your local Home Depot to see them for yourself. 

However, to get a head start and see a preview of light grey and off whites, you can click here to view Behr's ColorSmart swatches.  

One color that I saw that looks like it would compliment it would be the one shown below and linked here. It's called Script White and has a touch of that cooler grey found in your Silver Screen color.

BEHR Premium Plus 8 oz. #N540-1 Script White Interior/Exterior Paint Sample

Again, there are other color choices available, but this one particular came to mind first. Let us know if you think this or another option is a possibility. 

Using a paint sample sold at the paint counter at your local Home Depot is really the best sure-fire way to see if this would be the paint color for you.

Let us know if you have any further questions,

Joseph

Posted 2016-07-08T20:43:25+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL
The Behr Ceiling white is a very bright white. It is purposely made so, so as to look good next to very light pastel type colors. Many manufacturers actually "gray up" their ceiling whites to increase its covering ability.

It is possible to tint the ceiling white slightly, so as to avoid a stark contrast at the ceiling line. Doing so will also often aid in reflecting a hint of the wall color around the room. Your Home Depot Paint Associate can reduce the wall paint formula 90 or 95% and shoot that into the ceiling paint, giving it just a hint of the wall color. 

During my contracting days, when working with interior decorators, they would frequently have me do this. It is also possible to simply take a cup or two of the wall color and mix it into the ceiling paint. It must then be thoroughly mixed together. Normally, even if using a  relatively high sheen paint on the walls, this small amount added to the ceiling paint will not significantly affect the flat sheen of the ceiling paint.
Posted 2016-07-09T06:09:24+0000  by ordjen

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+