Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Ceiling design match help

We remove the wall separating our kitchen and living room we have already put up sheetrock and mudded where the wall came down. Now I need help matching the design on the ceiling in the two rooms. It's is a textured finish that looks kind of like large flowers. I am assuming  a sponge was dipped in some kind if material then applied over the ceiling do you know how to replicate this, and what I will need?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-05-08T21:00:33+0000  by melindapayne melindapayne

Melindapayne,

A picture is worth a thousand words, but it sounds like your texture may have been made with a broad flat brush which is twirled on the end of a stick to create a rosette like pattern which is then repeated across the ceiling. Such brushes are available at Home Depot or most builders supply stores which carry drywall supplies.

Posted 2012-05-09T16:10:42+0000  by ordjen

Hey there melindapayne,

Thanks for joining our community!~

It sounds like a very interesting ceiling design and I'm curious to see what it really looks like. It could indeed be a sponge treatment, or a brush on design like ordjen suggested. Since it's difficult to gauge just what could have made the design by the description, I'd like to ask if you could post a picture of it so that we can take a look and get a better idea.

picturebutton.PNG

Use the picture button in the toolbar above and upload the picture from your computer if possible, that way we can give you the most accurate assessment possible!~ = )

Posted 2012-05-10T16:23:26+0000  by Jay_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+