Sign In to join the community | Help

Ceiling design match help

We remove the wall separating our kitchen and living room we have already put up sheetrock and mudded where the wall came down. Now I need help matching the design on the ceiling in the two rooms. It's is a textured finish that looks kind of like large flowers. I am assuming  a sponge was dipped in some kind if material then applied over the ceiling do you know how to replicate this, and what I will need?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-05-08T21:00:33+0000  by melindapayne melindapayne




A picture is worth a thousand words, but it sounds like your texture may have been made with a broad flat brush which is twirled on the end of a stick to create a rosette like pattern which is then repeated across the ceiling. Such brushes are available at Home Depot or most builders supply stores which carry drywall supplies.

Posted 2012-05-09T16:10:42+0000  by ordjen

Hey there melindapayne,


Thanks for joining our community!~


It sounds like a very interesting ceiling design and I'm curious to see what it really looks like. It could indeed be a sponge treatment, or a brush on design like ordjen suggested. Since it's difficult to gauge just what could have made the design by the description, I'd like to ask if you could post a picture of it so that we can take a look and get a better idea.




Use the picture button in the toolbar above and upload the picture from your computer if possible, that way we can give you the most accurate assessment possible!~ = )

Posted 2012-05-10T16:23:26+0000  by Jay_HD_CHI
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question