Sign In to join the community | Help
Decor

Ceiling fan

I need to know what ceiling fan light kit will work with my ceiling fan. Only problem is the ceiling fan was here when I moved in. No owners manual. All I know is it is labelled as a Hampton bay brand. 
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-12-21T22:34:03+0000  by Dlindy Dlindy

Hi Dlindy,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community.

As long as your existing ceiling fan as a blank plate on the bottom of it, then any universal light kit for a ceiling fan sold at your local Home Depot can and will work. 

The blank plate looks like the one shown below.

The bottom cap plate comes off via the screws on the side. Of course, you'll need to ensure the power is completely off before doing any wiring on the fan. This means turning the breaker off that powers the ceiling fan.

The new light kit will have a threaded rod piece on it where the black and white wire will go through it. The plate has a 'button' in the center that pops out, allowing the threaded rod/wires to be screwed into it. Once you install it onto the plate, connect your wires (white to white, black to black) inside the light kit housing and screw the light kit back onto the fan.

Test the light kit to ensure it works, and that is how you successfully install a light kit on your fan. Again, and I can't stress this enough, having that blank cap is crucial for the installation of a new light kit to work.

Let us know if you have any further questions,

Joseph

Posted 2015-12-21T22:44:14+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Hi Dlindy, welcome to the community. Let's get you some help with that light kit. You will need some additional information.

You need to get the UPC code and model number. You can find these on a sticker on the top of the motor housing. You may need the help of a small mirror to obtain this information. You need this information as there are several manufactures of Hampton Bay fans.

Once you have this information, you can place a call to the Hampton Bay service team and they can help you with a light kit if there is one available for your model of fan.

Here is the Hampton Bay service team phone number 1-800-527-0313 Monday-Friday 8am-6pm (EST). closed Sat. & Sun.

Posted 2015-12-21T22:47:45+0000  by Ken_HD_OC
Hi Dlindy,

This How To Video provides you step-by-step instructions:

How To Install A Ceiling Fan.

Included, you'll see how to wire and attach a light kit.

Use the number Ken provided to identify compatible lights and review the video as a refresher before installing your light kit.

FINALLY:
Many newer fans that include light kits are only a few dollars more than the light kit alone.

You might consider following the easy steps in the video to install a new ceiling fan.
Posted 2015-12-22T16:23:23+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+