Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Ceiling fan remote has stopped working.

Just moved into a house with a Hampton Bay ceiling fan w/light in the master bedroom.  At first, all was well.  Last night, we had the fan going for a while before going to bed.  When I tried to turn on the light, it took several attempts with the remote for them to turn on.  Was able to turn off the light & leave the fan going all night.  Was able to turn the light on this morning and then turned off light and fan at the main switch when we went to work.  Now I can't do anything with the remote.  I don't know what model the fan is. It is brushed nickel with 4 separate lights with also brushed nickel housing each of which pivot.  There are 5 brown blades.  The remote is model FAN-HD.  The remote light does flash when a button is pushed.  I tried putting in a fresh battery just in case.  Suggestions?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-07-09T01:38:47+0000  by Evaeiqua Evaeiqua

Hi Evaeiqua, welcome to the community. To get you going in the right direction for trouble shooting, you will need the UPC code to the fan. This is located on a sticker on top of the motor housing. You need this as there are several manufactures of Hampton Bay fan. Once you have this information you can place a call to the Hampton Bay customer service team and they can help you figure out what the problem is and how to fix it. The Hampton Bay customer service phone is below.

Posted 2016-07-11T15:25:54+0000  by Ken_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+