Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Change Bulb in Hampton Bay Windward (II) ?

Hi there,

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan, which I *think* is a Windward II (I don't have a manual nor can I find one online, which is ridiculous). 

Here's a pic:

fan2.jpg

The bulb in it is going out, with the occassional flicker or just going completely out.

For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to get into the dome to check out the bulb (maybe it's just loose?).  I've read the glass can be twisted off, there's screws (which I don't see) and a variety of other misinformation given to frustrated customers like myself.  It's pretty crazy that figuring out to change a bulb in a product is so tough.

Can anyone shed some light on this?  I've read I may need some sort of circular bulb that isn't easily found in stores as well.

Any help would be much appreciated.

-Mike

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-11-17T07:04:32+0000  by ratlhead ratlhead

Hey ratlhead. 

I went to Homedepot.com and found your fan. If you click on "more info" and then "use and care manual", it will pull up the owners manual. I have attached a link to that manual for you. It looks like the lens twists off counter clockwise if you look at page 10 of the manual. I hope this solves our problem. If not hit me back here and we will go to plan B. 

Sorry for your frustration and any time you need help with anything don't hesitate to hit us up here on the community. 

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdfImages/0d/0dfaf87b-4898-40d9-9d1e-688faaa45b09.pdf

Posted 2011-11-17T14:07:29+0000  by Ingar_HD_ATL

I purchased 3  Hampton Bay Windward II fans from HD around 5 years ago. I love the fans.

I need two new ballasts for the fluorescent lights. Where do I get those? Can I order it here?

What about getting a new remote? Can I buy a new one of those?

Two of the glass globes are broken. Can I buy two of those here?

My tenants have been rough on the fans.

I love the fact that they were the most energy efficient and quiet fans available.

Thanks Home Depot! I appreciate your selection and low prices. Please show me you can do service too.

GeorgeM

Posted 2012-09-07T22:26:32+0000  by georgem

Hey georgem.

Here is the phone number for Hampton Bay. When you call them, they will ask you for a product number or SKU #. You will find these numbers on the top of the fan motor, so have these handy.

They should get you squared away. Hit me back here and let me know how it goes.

hampton bay.jpg

Posted 2012-09-13T12:49:52+0000  by Ingar_HD_ATL
Great information greengiant I only have one thing to add. The globe will have to be rotated clockwise to remove it. This will seem backwards.
Posted 2012-09-13T14:03:57+0000  by Stukas

1. Please explain why Hampton Bay has no service and support website for purchasers of its fans?!  What manufacturer in this day and age has no website? Why does Home Depot allow them to have no website? It's outrageous and unconscionable!

2. Please, I need the manual for a Windward II fan with a dimmable circline-bulb light.  The Windward II manual you posted the link for is NOT for the Windward II model fan I have, My Windward II fan (which I purchased at Home Depot about 10 years ago) has a dimmable circline-bulb light, which can be adjusted between 20% and 100% brightness.  In contrast, the manual you posted is for a fan with a light which merely turns ON and OFF.  My remote control functions differently from the remote control shown in your manual, and allows me to adjust brightness between 20% and 100%, as well as to turn the light on and off.  Unfortunately, the light recently stopped working.  I tried replacing the bulb with a new supposedly "dimmable" circline bulb, but it still doesn't work.  I'm still getting the dimmer display on my remote control, but the light does not come on.

Please post the manual for a Windward II fan with a built-in dimmer.  Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. 

Posted 2013-08-19T18:07:55+0000  by cache22

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+