Sign In to join the community | Help
Build & Remodel

Changing bed frame legs

Recently I've been seeing a lot of IKEA hacks (or furniture makeovers in general) where someone has swapped out the dingy leg posts on a couch, nightstand, dresser, etc. for a more appealing alternative (like a brushed gold, dark wood, etc.). I was wondering if it was possible to use this same technique on a bed? I haven't seen it done before, but I don't see any reason that you couldnt. The only thing I could think of is perhaps it would make the bed less sturdy. I have never had an upholstered bed with legs, so I'm not sure if they actually are removeable or not, but I would imagine a bed from a store like Wayfair or IKEA would have different parts, which would include screwing on bed legs. Sorry for the lengthy post! Just trying to explain what I want to do here and get some opinions because I'm not handy at all. 
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2017-07-21T10:56:08+0000  by mlbyron mlbyron

Hello  mlbyron and welcome to the Community!

Typically bed frame legs look like the ones below, then there are some mattresses that sit on top of a  flat platform with no legs. If you could post a pictures of your bed legs, then I could search for a possible replacement.

Posted 2017-07-21T12:15:46+0000  by Angelo_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+