Sign In to join the community | Help
Outdoors

Char-Broil TRU Infrared Natural Gas Conversion Kit

Hi,

Just bought a Char Broil Tru Infrared (model 463247412) and want to connect to natural gas line at house. Home Depot only sells kit 4584625, but Char Broil says I should use kit 4984619. Are they interchaneable? Do I have to replace all the orifices and bezels? Can I just change the hose and then fire up with natural gas?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-08-11T01:40:00+0000  by CW2 CW2

Hello CW2.  Welcome to the Community!

Char-Broil makes a wide variety of grills, and sells them through many retailers.  In your case, the model 463247412 grill is exclusive to Lowe's.  The natural gas conversion kit for it is indeed a different part from the Char-Broil kit sold at Home Depot.  See the picture below:

Char-Broil.PNG

Just looking at the parts included in the kits I would say they are not interchangeable.  As a general rule no company would market 2 kits with different part numbers when only 1 is needed.

You can buy the correct kit # 4984619 direct from Char-Broil.  Here is the link to charbroil.com.

OK, on to the next questions:

Do I have to replace all the orifices and bezels?   Yes.

Can I just change the hose and then fire up with natural gas?   No.

Natural gas is piped to your appliances at a relatively low pressure.  LP gas, even with a regulator, is higher in pressure.  The valve orifices are different.  This applies to any appliance where conversion to a different type of fuel is allowed, not just for gas grills.  Please follow all the instructions provided with the conversion kit.

I hope this helps,

Newf.

Posted 2012-08-14T15:52:00+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+