Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Civilized Cave Men?

Hello DIY Community!

GoToGregg and I helped a community member with his home theater recently and on the heels of that solution, Glidden introduced their "Top 10" colors series. 

I was so surprised when I walked into the store and saw their brochure "Top Ten Man Cave Colors."

What outstanding options for a home theater!

Women, if you've been holding back from allowing your man to dwell in his own "cave," you can feel confident with Glidden's scheme.

These color recommendations are Right On! 

Not simply flat black, but rather a selection of deep- and mid-tones that are very pleasing.

Now, even if he still drags his knuckles on the ground, you can justify making your cave man a little more civilized!

Check out Glidden's Top Ten Man Cave Colors and other Top Ten schemes that will be satisfying in most any room in your home. 

Pat InPaint

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2010-11-16T20:26:11+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL Pat_HD_ATL

I was just thinking about what a great topic that could be for the How To Community.  The Wall Street Journal yesterday had a section that highlighted some examples of Man Caves. 

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704635704575604581526191408.html

Regarding colors, my wife is an interior designer, so I deferred to her for color selection.  In fact, now that I think about it, that was my birthday present 1 year....Now that is a clever way for her to incorporate her color selection into my Man Cave...  :smileywink:   hmmmm

Posted 2010-11-17T15:18:07+0000  by Fletch
This is a great topic, i'd love to see some more examples
Posted 2010-11-17T21:48:42+0000  by bladefrog

Hey bladefrog,

I've attached a brief video to show the brochure and two of the colors. 

If you would like to see samples online, click here for the link to Glidden's site. HINT: if you click the color samples on their site, there is a "Full Screen" display function.

And above all else, make us guys proud and SHOW US YOUR MAN CAVE!

Pat InPaint

Posted 2010-11-18T18:31:30+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Hey Fletch,

I didn't mean to overlook your addition to the Man Cave thread.

The WSJ article was outstanding!

I certainly appreciate several points of view shared in their interviews.

Pat InPaint

Posted 2010-11-18T19:09:49+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

I'm sharing my man cave. I'm quite pround of it... considering it is larger than our house, has 3 levels, a dj booth, a PA system and a light show, and fog! Okay, so it's really a "party barn", and not a "man cave", but perhaps they are close cousin?

Party Barn

Here's some more photos: More photos of the "Party Barn" on Flickr

Posted 2010-11-23T03:37:40+0000  by PMeans123

PMeans123-

I LOVE this picture of your "party barn"! The link to additional photos are awesome too!  When can we come over and party in the party barn???

Tara

Posted 2010-11-23T22:42:25+0000  by HomeDepotTara

Okay, Tara, truth in advertising.... The party barn has been TEMPORARILY converted to a staging/work area as we remodel our kitchen and mudroom. Next spring the party barn shall open again in all it's glory! I'll send you an invite... But actually it's quite nice to, as a giant workshop. :)

Posted 2010-11-23T23:12:17+0000  by PMeans123

Whooops, just realized this is the paint area of the forum. Ummmm... hmmm... well the barn needs paint, and lots of it. Okay, this thread is back on track! :)

Posted 2010-11-23T23:14:31+0000  by PMeans123
Hello Community Members!

Man Caves have become a bit more refined since the original post.

Today, we see "Woman Caves" and Home Theater that most likely exceeds any expectations we ever had for our homes ... virtual game stations where we play internet challenge matches on eighty-inch flat screens with surround sound that thunders around us with every maneuver.

The man cave has given way to a renovation craze that exceeds anything most of us ever imagined.

What makes your man cave outstanding?

Pat InPaint
Posted 2014-07-01T18:22:28+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL
Other Community Members are making great examples of faux and furniture treatments:

Outstanding examples!
Posted 2015-12-03T17:43:37+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+