Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Color Match Sherwin Williams Naval Not Working

My husband and I are painting are house and we liked the Sherwin Williams Naval color. We took the color chip in to our local HD to get a sample to paint a portion on our house. We ended up loving the sample color and decided to go with this choice. When we went back into the store, they went to make the Sherwin Williams Naval color for us again and this time it is coming out way darker - completely different color. They tried doing a color match, but even then the formulas weren't matching exactly. The formula on the sample that we like is BL-95, EL-116, KXL-52, RL-72. How can we get this same exact formula again? Please help!
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2018-08-14T19:19:06+0000  by EK123 EK123

Hey EK123,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community.

Without seeing the sample and newer paint, we can't see to contrast the difference between the two.

If variables like different size cans, sheen, and brand are considered, then the formulas will always be different. 

If you can upload an image for us, that would assist immensely. I can say from experiences like this would be to obtain a dry paint sample of the good paint you want to match, and then we can custom color match it. 

It can be as small as a quarter, and then you can obtain a good match. 

Let us know if you have any further questions,

Joseph

Posted 2018-08-20T21:25:03+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+