Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Color of paint in "pouring more into paint" commercial

Could someone please tell me the blue color they use to paint the porch ceiling in the "pouring more into paint" commercial that is airing on TV now?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-05-02T16:51:52+0000  by cupcake900 cupcake900

Hello again cupcake900,

I used The Home Depot Project Color app to identify the porch ceiling color in "Pouring More Into Paint."

The app gives you the capability to identify the most similar colors from existing photos or new images.

According to the app, the closest two colors are:

December Eve 580F-7

and

Vintage Velvet UL240-23

Photographic recreation of colors is impacted by photographic lighting as well as camera capabilities.

So, use these colors as starting points and select the color(s) that work best with your decor.

Hope this helps,

Pat InPaint

Posted 2016-05-04T17:22:27+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL
Thanks for the info Pat; however, neither of those colors are anything close to the paint in the commercial. I was hoping since it was a Home Depot commercial I could get the name of the exact paint that they used. I don't have any decor yet so I don't have anything to match the color too in the app. I just liked that particular color and wanted to find out what it was.
Posted 2016-05-10T20:04:16+0000  by cupcake900
Thanks for the feedback cupcake900,

And, of course, I'm sorry the first effort didn't help.

That's why I qualified the answer ... the inaccuracy of TV output compounded by photographic lighting and camera quality.

Let's make another effort ... I visually selected colors that "appear" to be similar, based upon what I see on my computer monitor.

It's just another guess, but try these:

Hilo Bay PPU15-09

China Silk PPU15-10

Paris PPU14-08

Surrounding these colors on Behr's Ultra color board are other possibilities.

Hope this helps.

If not, we'll keep trying.

Pat InPaint

Posted 2016-05-11T20:27:13+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+